Oven-Fried Chicken! All the flavor without the fat
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- Salt and freshly grated pepper, to taste
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, separated into 2 teaspoons each
- 6 chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise (I buy chicken cutlets; they are thinner than breasts)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
In the bowl of a food processor (I used a the mini-sized food processor), combine the cornflakes, almonds, sesame seeds, Parmesan cheese, thyme, two teaspoons olive oil, and salt and pepper, to taste. Pulse until all ingredients have been chopped and resemble the consistency of dried bread crumbs. Transfer to shallow dish or bowl.
In a separate shallow dish, combine mustard, water and remaining olive oil. Coat each chicken cutlet with the mustard mixture; dredge each in bread crumb mixture.
Place on prepared rack in pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is golden brown. Serve immediately.