|Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Bars|
Heaven, then, must be located in the Test Kitchen of Better Homes and Gardens, where this incredible recipe came from. And a part of the magazine's "41 Pumpkin Recipes" feature, there's 40 more where this came from. Think pumpkin praline muffins, holiday pumpkin soup, spiced pumpkin butter and pumpkin latte coffee cake. It's really the whole enchilada... assuming said enchilada is filled with roasted pumpkin and topped with cumin pepitas.
I simply couldn't resist sharing and hopefully, neither can you. Enjoy.
Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
Recipe adapted from BHG.com
Makes: 24 to 36 servings
Yield: 24 to 36 bars
Timing: Prep 25 mins | Bake 325°F 55 mins | Cool 30 mins | Chill 3 hrs
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, cut up, or 1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Grated fresh nutmeg
- Milk chocolate or semisweet chocolate curls
2. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and the 1-3/4 cups sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Beat in pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and salt on low speed just until combined. Remove 1-1/4 cups of the mixture.
3. In a small heavy saucepan, combine the 6 ounces chocolate and the 2 tablespoons butter. Cook and stir over low heat until melted. Whisk chocolate mixture into the 1-1/4 cups pumpkin mixture. Pour over crust, spreading evenly. Bake for 15 minutes.
4. Carefully pour the remaining pumpkin mixture over baked chocolate layer, spreading evenly. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes more or until filling is puffed and center is set. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
5. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and 1/4 cup sugar. Gently spread over cookies. Cool completely. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours. Cut into bars. Before serving, sprinkle with nutmeg and/or chocolate curls.
Storing leftovers: Place in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Do not freeze.