1.19.2010

Redefining the Champagne Flute

These champagne flutes are the new loves of my life (sorry, Bryan). I found them at Michael Chiarello's NapaStyle shop, a Mecca for all things rustic and reminiscent of the wine country.

Photo courtesy of NapaStyle.com

Unlike traditional champagne glasses, these gorgeous variations are stemless, made of delicate Venetian glass and come styled in elegant stripes, dots and swirls. They're $69 for a set of six and come packed in a reusable box for safe-keeping. They are a perfect holiday or wedding gift, and as a matter of fact I've given them for both. I even went so far as to stray from the champagne flutes on our friend's wedding registry (a big risk, because God knows how long and hard brides work on their gift registries) and I'm proud to say these glasses were a hit.

Sadly, I haven't gotten them for myself yet and I've got to admit I really, really want them. We own four, boring champagne glasses. I look at them in our cabinet and sigh at their lack of personality and charm. Since we're trying to save money indulging in a Venetian champagne flute purchase would be a bit...irresponsible. So I've held off. That said, I do have a recurring nightmare that when I eventually try to buy the glasses, they are sold out and I'm screwed.

As a side note, while I love 99% of everything about these flutes, my only qualm with them is they are truly delicate. So if you're having a night with friends and everyone is already two or three glasses of wine into your evening, it might not be the best idea to break out (literally) the champagne flutes. If you do, just be careful and make sure to put them on a flat surface. They'll be fine and you'll be praised for your great taste in stem(less)ware.

9 comments:

  1. These are GORGEOUS! I wanted some interesting champagne flutes but didn't want to spend a lot of money on them, as I've found that they do end up breaking every once in awhile with careless guests so I bought the Verve flute from Crate and Barrel that are also really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love 'em! I especially love the dots, but they are elegant and fun at the same time! You have a great eye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks; aren't they just beautiful? I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christy! I LOVE Napa Style! I've got to go back and check out these flutes. I have stemless red wine goblets, but I have never seen stemless champagne flutes before. Of course I don't need an excuse to go to Napa Style. I met Michael Chiarello when the store opened in Pasadena. He isn't too hard on the eyes, either. :) LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog, keep up the good work. SOOOOOOOO impressed with your fruit tart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are gorgeous! Wow...I need to write these down for when I eventually do get married...or just any holiday will suffice. I'm not picky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I'm obsessed with those champagne flutes! They are adorable! Luckily I happen to be getting married this summer, so I'm definitely going to register for these (thank you myregistry.com for letting me register at any store I want!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fresh and modern. For formal or informal dining, feast your eyes on the sleek Merrill stemware pattern. A superb new collection of wine and spirits crystal stemware , This is nice collection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a good set of champagne flutes that have a unique style and design. And how lucky you are the you buy them in a good prices. I also appreciate how you love and take care of your champagne flutes and other glassware.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails