1.18.2012

Must Try: Drunken Udder Alcohol-Infused Ice Cream

Two words: Sober January*. Quite literally, a sobering month without any alcohol during which one (in this case, yours truly) attempts to detox from all booze and other adult delights. To be fair, all adult delights for me revolve around booze, so January means no Tanqueray & soda, no Domaine Chandon champagne, no Duckhorn Sauvignon Blanc, and no fabulous red wines of any varietal. So instead of imbibing during meals with friends or a weekend date night, I'm living vicariously through Drunken Udder, a new discovery that combines two of my favorite things: booze and ice cream.

Photo Courtesy of LA Times
Why no one thought of this before is beyond me, and frankly I'm jealous. Drunken Udder is an "artisanal adults-only ice cream. It takes two of the best vices in life -- alcohol and ice cream -- combining them into one amazing frozen treat." I mean, just look at these flavor combos:

Bourbon Salted Caramel
Caramelized White Chocolate Godiva
Rum Roasted Banana
Vodka Vanilla Bean
Milk Chocolate Stout
Chocolate Cabernet Crunch
Tequila Lime Sorbet
Cinnamon Spiced Rum
Keoke Coffee
Pina Colada
Saffron Candied Ginger Soco
Love Affair
Bailey's Jameson Caramel Swirl
Burnt Honey Orange Scented with Candied Pistachio and Honey Whiskey
The Dirty Elvis
Tequila Vanilla Bean with Toasted Pepita Praline
Prune Armagnac

I could swim in the Bourbon Salted Caramel and perhaps bathe in the Cinnamon Spiced Rum. But I'll have to wait to taste them until February after this cruel Sober January runs its course. In the meantime I leave it to you, dear 21+ year-old reader, to enjoy Drunken Udders' offerings at Boneyard Bistro in Sherman Oaks or at the W Hotel in Westwood. 

Drunken Udder Ice Cream
Contact Drunken Udder

*Note: Sober January really isn't all that bad. And I swear I'm not an alcoholic. So there.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails