- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened (45-60 seconds in the microwave usually does the trick)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I use Bourbon vanilla extract for an added kick)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups white chocolate chips (I use Trader Joe's or Nestle Toll House White Chocolate Morsels)
- 1 1/2 cups crushed peppermint pieces
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a medium-sized bowl. You don't have to sift the ingredients, but definitely whisk to combine. Beat the softened butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a bigger bowl until creamy and all lumps are broken up. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well until combined. Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet mixture, a small bit at a time. Once both mixtures are combined and the batter is smooth, fold in the white chocolate chips and crushed peppermint pieces with a spatula.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick Silpat sheet. Drop 1 1/2" spoonfuls of batter onto the baking sheet. Keeping about 3" between spoonfuls, you should be able to fit about 9 spoonfuls of batter on each baking sheet.