12.26.2009

Cheater's Egg Nog

This a total cheat, but Bryan really wanted Egg Nog the other day. I had too much to do and didn't have the time – or a recipe – to make it from scratch, so instead I stopped by Trader Joe's and picked up a carton of light Egg Nog. It was actually delicious and did the trick, at 11o calories per cup.

Bryan got really excited, dug out the Brandy from the back of our bar cabinet and asked me if we had any Nutmeg. I gave him a look that spoke volumes. Specifically, it said, "I've been baking for weeks. Are you seriously asking me if we have a certain holiday spice?"

Look aside, I got out the nutmeg and he went to work.
  • 1 cup Light Egg Nog (the taste is similar to full-fat Egg Nog)
  • 1 - 1 1/2 ounces (~1 shot) of Brandy
  • 1-2 sprinkles of fresh nutmeg
Fill a low ball glass with about 6 ounces of Egg Nog. Pour in the shot of Brandy. Give a quick stir to combine. Top with a sprinkle or two of nutmeg.




There you go! Cheater's Egg Nog. It's delicious and definitely satisfies cravings for some good old-fashioned 'Nog. Just ask my husband. One day later, the carton is empty.

2 comments:

  1. I like cinnamon on my eggnog. I bet you've got plenty of that, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do!! We'll have to try that. Hope to see you this weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails