12.14.2009

Holiday Brunch at Newport Beach's Island Hotel

The Island Hotel in Newport Beach, CA is one of my grandma's favorite locations. She has taken my brother and me there for years, starting when my brother (now 25) was tiny and ordering a burger and fries that arrived in a cardboard convertible car.

The cardboard convertible is gone and the hotel is now under new management, but the food at the Palm Terrace is still one of grandma's favorite fine-dining establishments. Yesterday, Bryan and I went with my parents and brother to take my grandparents out for an early Christmas brunch. Boy, was it good and the presentation was fun. Best of all, the entire hotel was beautifully decorated for the holidays, completely with a giant tree, garland, poinsettias and even a "Newport Beach" gingerbread town.

Here are a few fun photos of our visit to the hotel and meal. Enjoy!

Gingerbread "Newport Beach"

Bryan in back of the gingerbread town

Bryan and his Belgian Waffle (detail photo below)

My Huevos Rancheros: Two eggs, over-easy, served with black beans, shredded cabbage, pico de gallo, sliced avocado and two warmed corn tortillas.

Christopher's Steak 'n Eggs: two pieces of filet mignon, pounded thin and grilled. Topped with a poached egg, hollandaise sauce and served with shaved potato thins and truffle oil.

Bryan's Belgian waffle: Light and aity, crispy on the outside and fluffy – almost creamy – on the inside. Topped with a dusting of powdered sugar, whipped cream & fresh sliced strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails