2.07.2013

Hummus with Kalamata Olives, Feta Crumbles + Lemon Oil

Party Tip: Kick-Up Store-Bought Hummus!
A few weeks ago Bryan and I had a pre-movie snack at Westside Tavern, a gastropub in West LA. We didn't have much time so we ordered what we thought would be fast and easy: Hummus and pita, topped with roasted tomatoes, kalamata olives and crumbled feta.

When it arrived, it was so delicious and so easy that I was inspired to replicate it for a recent dinner party. I was tight on time -- again -- so hit up Trader Joe's for a bag of fresh pita bread, a tub of plain hummus, a jar of Kalamata olives, Italian parsley and some crumbled feta. When I got home, I spread the hummus on a fun serving platter, roughly chopped the Kalamata olives and parsley, and zested some lemon. I generously sprinkled it all over the hummus and then drizzled a dash of Napa Valley lemon-infused olive oil for color and added flavor.

And the pita? I warmed it in a 400-degree oven for about 5 minutes (wrapped in foil), then I cut it into wedges and arranged it around the hummus. Party apps, done and done! :)

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm going to take your idea and turn it into a sandwich for lunch today!

    I wasn't sure what I was craving for lunch, but now I've got my answer...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails