|World's Best Chinese Chicken Salad? |
Photo: LA Times
Chi Dynasty in Studio City might make the world's best Chinese Chicken Salad, meeting all of the aforementioned requirements and better yet, ready from start-to-finish in under an hour. They recently shared their recipe with the LA Times and I've included it below for your salad-eating pleasure. Enjoy!
- 8 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 3 cups crispy rice noodles
- 1 pound boiled chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup finely chopped peanuts, more to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced preserved ginger, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon roasted black sesame seeds, more to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, more to taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, more to taste
- 5 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1½ teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
Make the Dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, sesame oil and ginger. Taste and adjust seasoning and flavoring as desired. This makes a generous one-half cup of dressing. Set aside.
Assemble the Salad: In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce, noodles, chicken, peanuts, ginger, sesame seeds, green onions and cilantro leaves. Add half the dressing, tossing to lightly coat. Taste, and toss in additional dressing as desired. Serve immediately.